Monday, March 23, 2009

30 Days To a Better Me

Every January the air is filled with resolutions, goals, and dreams. I normally start off great and stick to the plan. But once there's a wrench thrown into my plans, or I skip a day, I fall off the wagon. It isn't easy for me to admit this but, I sabotage myself. I set expectations that are too high, or long term goals that seem so far away that they just vanish. It is no secret that my health is poor. If I don't do something soon I will become a statistic. I've read once that it can take up until 60 days to change or break a bad habit. 60 days is a long time, in my opinion. Therefore I will break it up into chunks. Thus, my 30 Days To a Better Me is here. Here are my goals for the next 30 days: 1. Attend Church 2. Be a Better Mother 3. Be a Better Wife 4. Smile even when the Times are Tough 5. Cut Soda 6. Taking Time out For Me 7. Adding Exercise Attend Church Even if I am sick or crawling on my hands and knees, I will make it to church. Be a Better Mother There is no greater joy than being a mom. I will take time out for them individually and encourage their dreams/talents. Be a Better Wife I love my husband tremendously, and promise to watch the History Channel with him without rolling my eyes. Smile even when the Times are Tough I don't think this needs an explanation. Cutting Soda Something else that needs no explanation. Numbers 6 and 7 go hand in hand Taking care of myself enables me to take care of others. I feel guilty if I go out with a friend, or if I would like to take a long shower or bath. I don't know why. I feel like I should be doing something for someone else. But there is nothing wrong with taking care of yourself, and taking the time out to paint your nails or read a good book. So these are the things I will work on for 30 days. Rain or shine. I will use my blog daily for updates. If you don't see an update feel free to send me a reminder. This is something that I have to do. No ifs, ands or buts.

2 Interesting Remarks:

Melissa said...

Those all seem like great goals. Good luck and I hope your health improves!

Angeline said...

those are simple goals yet they are so critical in having a more fulfilling life...isn't it? :)