Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day One

Yesterday I began my 30 Days to a Better Me. It didn't go as well as I hoped it would, but it wasn't bad either. I'll begin with my Food Journal: Breakfast: Skipped breakfast because I was running late Morning Snack: 1 Navel Orange Lunch: Penne Pasta with grilled chicken and steamed spinach 1 garlic roll Afternoon snack: 1 Kit Kat Dinner: 3 pieces of garlic bread Misc: 1/2 cup of orange juice 1 can of coke 64 oz of water My biggest mistake was skipping out on breakfast. By the time lunch came around, I was famished and make a poor lunch choice. The same goes for dinner. I was very busy packing up my office and moving things home, that I skipped out on dinner as well. I felt my energy dragging by 4pm, therefore I had a coke. That could have also been prevented had I planned better and packed a lunch. On the plus side, I had all of my water intake for the day. This is a big deal for me because I am not a big water person. The good thing about my asthma medication is that it requires me to drink lots of water to thin out the stuff in my lungs. Also, there was cake that was being served at work which I did not partake of. I felt compelled to send this picture out in a massive email: I wasn't as active as I would have liked to be, and I know it's because things were very hectic yesterday. Thinking back, I know exactly where I went wrong and what I could do to prevent it again. 29 days to go.

2 Interesting Remarks:

Melissa said...

I forgot about breakfast yesterday as well. The day doesn't go so well when I skip breakfast!

kristi lee said...

You Can Do It (said is a crazy accent!) and EAT your breakfast. Go to Sam's grab a box of Kashi bars and you never have an excuse again!