Saturday, July 4, 2009

Finally!

When I first moved to the South, I went to get my hair cut and styled. Well, my hair is naturall VERY curly, and I wanted it straight. After the wash, the stylist put the hair dryer on warm and ran it through my hair. I warned and advised my curly hair will not straighten that way. She stated she new now to straighten it. By the time she was done, I had a 1970's afro. I mean an AFRO. My hair was was standing on it's end. The stylist said she didn't know what happened. Well I did! That's not how you straighten curly hair! I mean, I can straigten myself, but it takes 2 hours, and is frizzy by the end of the day. I have searched for a place for a long, long, LONG time. Well, my searched ended last week. My friend referred me a Dominican hair stylist from New Jersey, who is now in our area. Well I visited her yesterday, and viola! I love it!

3 Interesting Remarks:

Natalie Jane said...

LOVE IT!!!!

Once I went to a stylish who happened to be black. She had never styled a "white girl's" hair. All I wanted was to get it straighted so I thought...no big deal. When she was finished my hair was actually dripping with product. She didn't know that we white girls don't need quite the effort to get things straight. I just went home and washed my hair. It was still greesy afterwards.

LOLiTA said...

Ha! Thanks, Natalie. You're hair is beautiful.

I also went that route a couple of years ago. She used a coconut product and my hair was greasy. When I go to NY, I have it washed and put in rollers and under the hair dryer for abt an hour. Then straighten it. Yesterday, I watched the lady. She used shampoo and conditioner from Matrix. Then the hair rollers and dryer. Afterwards, she used a big round hair brush and the hair dryer and straightened it. It was dead straight. It does require a lot of pulling the hair taught. But there's no way my arms could do it.

Melissa said...

Your hair looks great!