Monday, April 20, 2009

Making Progress

Last week was a great week! I stuck to my plan and saw results both physically and mentally. I made a goal of zero eating out last week. The plan was if we didn't eat out during the week, we would go out on Friday night. It wasn't easy, as I am all for convenience. But it wasn't hard to do either. The key, I believe, is good planning. So on the 11th, I made my menu for the week and got groceries. But I didn't stop there. Once I got home, I seperated the chicken in individual bags. I did the same with fruit and veggies. This made it easy to grab what was needed and go. I did some work before going to bed (ie, marinating chicken in the fridge overnight, thawing food, preparing the slow cooker, etc). I was then able to jump in the kitchen the next evening, and prepare dinner in an hour or less. I also made enough to have for lunch the next day. It was great! This saved me a lot of time and physical pain, as I had dinner before 6pm everynight. I was then able to go to the gym or workout at home. I continue to struggle with sleep, but I'm trying relaxation methods and feel this will help me. I am very pleased with my results, and look forward to doing the same this week. I'm going to really stick to it this week, because I will be heading to NYC on Friday and there will be temptations. But I know I can do it.

1 Interesting Remarks:

Melissa said...

Congratulations on sticking to your goals! Have fun in New York this weekend!