Thursday, January 29, 2009

In Need of Advice

I am in need of some advice, and who better to turn to than my CBFF's? Here's the situation: Adam and I have a disagreement when it comes to how we watch TV/movies together. I like the closed captioning on; he likes it off. This has caused a wedge in our TV viewing, and now we have to watch LOST on separate TVs; in separate rooms. I do get Adam's point on how the closed captioning can be distracting, and you cannot allow for distractions watching a show like LOST. However, anyone who knows me, knows that I have bad hearing. Therefore, I prefer to read the captioning. I don't know what to do. Please help unite my family!

4 Interesting Remarks:

Ashlee said...

We got my Dad those rabbit ears ( i think that is what they are called) and they would make the sound louder for you. OR Why mess with something that is working. Watch the same shows in different rooms but during commercials meet each other to talk about what you just watched:)
Just a few thoughts.
I love the Christmas pictures!

Melissa said...

Eventhough I also have bad hearing I find the close captioning annoying but I can still watch a show with it on. That would annoy me having the same show on two different TV's. The rabbit ears sound like a good idea.

Natalie Jane said...

I would say watch less TV. It has done wonders for Shane and I. Or invest in a really great surround sound system.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE closed caption!! Even though I think I hear just fine, Reading along with it helps me understand little things better, like people's names. I just miss less if the caption is on too. Colt used to think I was nuts, but I've caught him watching stuff with the caption on here lately. I can see how it would be really annoying, but it just helps me get so much more into something.