Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Maddy Update

Thank you for thinking of us and keeping Maddy in your prayers. Wednesday night was rough because we had to wake her up every 4 hours to give her Tylenol/Motrin and her Albuterol breathing treatment. She slept most of Thursday. But boy was I happy when she said she wanted some "toasted bread with no butter". (Direct quote). I was hesitant because it was so dry for someone who hasn't eaten in 2 days. But she had 5 slices! By the time the nurse called on Friday afternoon, she was fever free, eating real food, and breathing a lot better. She's still on her antibiotic until Saturday, and we continue the breathing treatments every 4 hours, but the cough/wheezing is almost gone, and she is back to her playful self. We are so relieved!! There isn't anything I wouldn't have given up to make her better. On a side note, I have been running a fever since Thursday and have a horrible sore throat/chest cold going on. But as long as the girls are better, I'll live. =]

3 Interesting Remarks:

Melissa said...

I am so glad that Maddy is feeling better. I hope you recover from your illness quickly.

Angeline said...

You are a great Mom, you know that?

hang in there, you have our support...and prayers...

Jessica said...

Not fun. I wish you would have called me to help with something! I'm glad Maddy is feeling better. How are you feeling? You're a trooper. The girls are lucky to have you and Adam as parents.